Thursday, February 9, 2012

Best Spawn Ever!!!!!!

For those of you that have children you understand the challenge each day can bring.  You also understand the joy each day can bring!  You would be lying to yourself if you said you had never imagined what life would be like without them, however, you also can't imagine life without them.  Every day I work my ass off so I can give to my son everything he could possibly want.  I know he appreciates it.  Is he spoiled?  Oh HELL yea!  Who doesn't want to spoil their children???  He is not greedy though.  In fact, he is one of the kindest, sweetest, most stubborn yet lovable 11 year old boys I have ever met.  I am not just saying that because he is mine.  I know he is not perfect.  Like the times he does not do chores.  Or when he carved the handles on the refrigerator door.  Or lost his phone x 2.  Or says he did something, but didn't, then tries to cover it up with a big smile and looking up at me with those big blue eyes.  Or when he flicks boogers on the walls.  You get the picture... you have the same battles... or you will!  There are those shining moments though that make me so proud!  The times he does extra chores.  The times I don't have to ask him 20 times to do something.  The times when he asks me if I had a good day, or if I am ok.  The hugs, the smiles.  The times he makes dinner.  Yes, he makes dinner.  And cookies.  Last night he made chicken and mushrooms.  Delish!  Even though he almost burned down our home.  Not really, I guess there was just smoke, a lot of smoke.  Enough to set the fire alarm off.  Was I scared when he told me about it?  Yes.  Do I trust him to know the right thing to do?  Yes.  It's moments like that when I realize I am succeeding as a Momster.  Even though I work a lot, I have taught him the right things about life.  Read the directions.  Don't over salt food.  If there is smoke, open a window.  Never use water on a grease fire.  If it makes noise, check it out.  Hot water and soap are a necessity, but test the water with your pinky first.  Don't be afraid to try new things.  Don't be afraid of the dark.  People are scarier than ghosts.  Trust needs to be earned.  You can have many people in your life, but you will only have a few close friends.  Rely on yourself before you rely on anyone else.  Don't give up.  If you work hard, good things will come to you.  Positive brings positive.  Hugs and kisses make the world a better place.  Dessert can be eaten before dinner.... as long as it is fruit.  Make eye contact with everyone and keep smiling.  Do what you want as long as it harms none.  That is probably the most important.  Even at the age of 11 he understands that it is ok to try new things and create new memories as long as no one else gets hurt in the process.  He sees my zest for life and seems to be following in my footsteps.  He wants to experience new places, new foods, meet new people and see new things.  I even have him talking about the possibility of being on The Amazing Race with me when he gets older!  I told him I started my training so he better step it up.  He said, "Ok Mom, next commercial..."  Alright, alright.... so I still have some work to do.  But I am proud of him, and he's proud of me.  At the end of every day as I lay in bed deciding which parts of the day I want to store away and which ones I want to discard completely, I cherish all of my moments with him.  Every single one!  I am so proud of that little boy and how far he has come after all he has been through!  I live to hear him singing and to see him dancing in the kitchen while I am making dinner, because I know he is happy.  And better yet, I know he is listening and watching and soaking up everything I tell him... even if it does not seem so.  Let your little ones experience more, do more, try more.  Allow them to be their own person and you better be their hero.  Do silly things together and check out fun places, don't just talk about it.  Do it.  It will mean everything to you and them!  xoxo

2 comments:

  1. Candie you have a remarkable life. You are a parent and a teacher,but equally as important a friend to your son. You are doing wonderfully. Your positive outlook and work ethic are going to guide your son and you to much success. Bravo keep up the great work. Enjoy every minute. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much!!!!! I love my life and the way I have chosen to live it! My son is growing before my eyes and I am so proud of the young man he is becoming!!!!

      Delete