Wednesday, February 1, 2012

That AHAAAAA Moment....

Do you have one?  Think about it..... it could be good, or bad.  Do you have one?  I have had too many to name really!  The most recent just happened last night.  I was at crossfit, which I can't get enough of, and had a brief "I Suck" moment, followed by a standing "I Will Get Better" moment.  The warm up was a run... yes, yes, I have now run 2 days in a row and have not died!  Begin wod.....being that it was only my 2nd crossfit experience, my trainer told me to scale it down.  Which I was grateful for after what seemed like a 12 mile warm up jog!  I did the first set of sit ups and was fine.  Started throwing this 10lb ball up at the wall and catching it in a squat, and was fine. On the second set of sit ups, I literally pulled an ab muscle and it fucked me up.  Every set after that I had to pull up by grabbing on to my thighs for each and every sit up!  My scaled down reps were 25, 20, 15, 10, and 5 (I tried to be a trooper and did the last 2 at 20 and 10).  I did it, I was done!  I looked around and saw mostly everyone else was still working at it.  Amidst all of the sweat and grunts and groans, I kept smiling through the anger at my own self.  How do you hurt yourself doing a freaking sit up???  Why did I allow for a scaled back version?  Why didn't I get all the way down on those squats?  I know I'm better than that!  My trainer asked how I was doing and of course I replied with, "I'm fine, I'm good"  I should have said, "I'm pissed!"  That was my Ahaaaaa moment!  It wasn't a good one.  I realized that I am holding back on my workouts.  Why?  What am I afraid of?  I will hurt myself more by holding back instead of giving 110%.  Is it because I am new and don't want to get too comfortable too quick?  Is it because I am worried about not being good enough?  All I know is I owe it to myself, my trainer and my fellow crossfit members to go balls out (boobs out? don't have balls) and get after it!  I need to leave all of my fears at the door and get past them.  We all do.  What are you going to do turn any negative "Ahaaaaa moment" into a positive one?  For me, I know I will keep smiling, because that is what I do.  And I guarantee next time I won't hold back.... well, at least I will try not to :)

2 comments:

  1. Yay for you! You can smile through all that!! At least with the modified version you can learn the entire nature of the workout and better appreciate what you are doing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Exactly!!!!! But I still felt like a weak-ass!!! Until the next morning when my way lower back area hurt from doing sit ups on (almost) just concrete and my chest was a little sore from wall ball! Oh, and my ab muscle still felt torn! I will get it, i will get better!!!!!

    ReplyDelete