Monday, February 6, 2012

Life Eternal

Another rather slow day at work, but I knew this would be the case.  February is always slow in this industry.  Idle chit chat about the weekend, some people I care to hear what they did, some I walk away from.  I can't pretend to be interested if I'm not.  Sounds rude right?  Sorry, just keeping it real.  I think back to my weekend and realize how lucky I am to be able to do the things I want to do.  I reflect on some of the conversations I've had with friends and am grateful that I have decided to surround myself with such amazing people.  More people need to take their life in their hands and make it theirs!  Stop trying to please people that don't matter and put that energy into yourself and the ones that do matter!  There is someone in my life, whom I love dearly, that once said to me, "You are so amazing!  A true inspiration!  Your passion for life is inspiring!"  I think about that all the time and understand the importance of it!  In no way do I want someone to do anything to harm themselves or their loved ones, but I do wish more people would see one day at a time.  Live Each Day.  Love it and embrace it.  I offer help and guidance to all of my friends and loved ones and it is their choice to incorporate anything I tell them into their own lives.  I will not hound you, I will not demand of you, I will only try to help.  At the end of it all, it is your life and only you can make it your own.  Only you can make things happen that you desire.  Stop waiting for things to "get better" or "change on their own"  No one can make you be a better you.  Start small if you have to.  Detach yourself from all of the toxic people in your life and surround yourself with happy, upbeat, positive people.  Unless you like being miserable.  And if that's the case, you may not want to subscribe to my blog, because I tend to be pretty positive, glass is always half full :).  I am proud of my friends that have asked for help and have decided to make changes in their life.  I hope they realize how proud I am of them and hopefully they understand the huge step they have taken and shine in self glory and pride!  Change isn't for everyone.  Some people get comfortable and would rather be stagnant because they fear change.  I embrace change and see it as an opportunity to keep bettering myself.  Sometimes I fall back, but I always plunge forward twice as hard to turn it into a learning experience and grow from it!  I was asked this past weekend if I would ever get married again.  Years ago I would always answer immediately with, "Oh hell NO!!!!"  However, now I know that one should never be so quick to answer in such a negative way.  I am open to marriage if everything else lines up.  I would never put such a strict barrier on my life just based on one bad experience.  I will never rush into another relationship, especially not one as permanent as marriage, but I am open to it.  I will however never have any more children :)  Sorry, my son is perfect so why try again!  The title of this, today is "Life Eternal"... Why?  You all know I am not religious by typical standards as I have my own set of beliefs, so why "Life Eternal"?  In my hopes of having everyone see the beauty in every day I hoped you would take a curious moment to read this.  Some of you have known me at my darkest hours, some of how have only known me at my brightest moments, but please always learn to take each of your own moments and learn from them, as I have with mine.  A few months back I asked two of the most important people in my life what 1 word they think describes me.  The first person I asked said "Life" (this is the same person that said my passion for life was inspiring) The second person said "Eternal" because it was all encompassing.  I am eternally happy, eternally willing to help, eternally grateful for each day, an eternal friend and confidant... to me, that makes sense.  So I ask of you.... what mark are you leaving?  if you asked the people closest to you what one word describes you, what do you think they would say?  Are you happy with those answers?  If not, it's time to dig deep and make those necessary changes....

2 comments:

  1. Have I ever mentioned how deep you can be? Or moving? Well said! We should all consider the marks we leave behind and be conscious of what we are doing and be bold enough to challenge the people around us to lend definition to ourselves. Well said!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know about deep, but thanks!!! I just speak how I feel! Unfortunately sometimes I speak too much!!! And yes, so true, more people should stop hiding behind doubts and fears and stop putting on masks of how they think other people think they should be. Be yourself and be damn proud!!!!

    ReplyDelete